Spring: it’s a tree for all!
Spring is finally here, and you know what that means: it’s time to get outside and dig in! Flowers, mulch, gardens, landscapes … and don’t forget the trees.
Thanks to National Arbor Day (the last Friday of April), it’s officially tree-planting season – the perfect time to update or enhance your landscape. But the beauty of trees goes deeper than the bark. Planting trees can:
- Conserve energy costs in the summer and save you money
- Increase the value of your home (up to 15% or more)
- Regulate the temperature of your neighborhood
- Conserve energy in the winter, cutting heating costs up to 20%
- Help fight global warming
- Help clean our rivers and streams
- Make your home and your neighborhood more beautiful
But where do you start? First, check out ecoSmart Landscapes, a new online tool that helps residential property owners estimate the tangible benefits of trees. (http://www.ecosmartlandscapes.org/ ) You’ll be able to identify what’s already on your property, select where to place new trees, and even calculate present and future carbon and energy impacts of both.
Next, give All Seasons a call! We are the Indianapolis tree planting experts and we can help design a beautiful landscape that incorporates new and existing trees, while creating a unique outdoor space perfect for your individual needs and budget. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the shade.